Friday, September 01, 2006

Eggplant Talasani

Well, before I put this recipe down , I must say that I have a special place for the vegetable ‘Brinjal’ in my heart though it was not the vegetable that I would long to eat until when I played the role of Brinjal in the vegetable drama that the school had organized to tell the story of vegetables to all the children. I remember those dialogues where other vegetable’s like Onion considered to be having a beautiful color and Okra for having a slender body making fun of me for my dark color and a green cap(Stem) on my head!!! From then on I have just been a huge fan of Brinjals,it is one amongst my favorite vegetables!!! I think the drama had a profound effect on me maybe because I played the role!! ;)

Here is the recipe:



1 brinjal (small cubes)
10-12 garlic cloves (maybe less, if you don’t like garlic much)
6-7 Red Chillies
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Salt to taste

In a pan heat the oil , when hot add the garlic and sauté till golden brown, add the red chillies and sauté for another minute add the cut brinjal and salt to taste, sprinkle some water so that the brinjal does not get stuck to the pan. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium heat. The brinjal gets cooked in the steam when covered with the lid, Once the brinjal is soft , remove from heat and serve hot with rice or porridge.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for the blog Smitha. I am happy to see more and more Konkani blogs :D.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home