Monday, September 11, 2006

Maggificent Dinner

“Maggi Noodle” .............Well, this is the name that I think all of us are familiar with. I am assuming that maggi noodles were the first of its kind in India other than Vermicelli. Those days getting my mother to let us buy Maggi noodles was one big task,15 years back it used to cost about Rs 8 a pack if I remember it right and convincing Mom to buy and prepare Maggi was one hell of a job, but it was worth the effort, that 2 mins thing taste is still etched in my mind. However, though its available at very minimal price I feel the taste of the Maggi Masala is not as flavorful as it used to be.
So, this time when my sister visited us here she taught me a healthy, simple and super easy recipe with Maggi noodles without using the masala . This was a simple yet fulfilling dinner for us this weekend. Must say kids would love it!!!

2 packets- Maggi Noodles (Discard the maggi masala)
1 cup – Fresh/Frozen Peas
4 tbsp- Olive/vegetable oil
5-6 Tbsp-Fresh pepper
Ketchup
Chilli Sauce
Salt to taste.
Egg-Optional
Water to boil the noodles.

Boil the Maggi noodles, Drain the water, In a skillet heat the oil , add the noodles, peas and pepper and salt. Mix all together well. If adding egg, scramble egg in a separate dish and mix it with the noodles. Add Ketchup and chilli sauce.

Serve with Egg Burji, Manchurian or sautéed Mushrooms…. Tastes Great!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vaishali said...

Welcome to the world of food-bloggers, Smitha. I am sure, you'll enjoy it here. Your blog is going into my blog roll straight away.

12:47 AM  
Blogger FH said...

Hi Smitha! welcome!! I get maggi noodles ( masala one) from the Indian store and love it for a quick lunch!Thanks!

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home