Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Haloween Pumpkin Dosa

Procastinating things is one thing I would like to change in me sometime, I am known for it and I know surviving with this trait in my DNA will not help me in this fast and competetive world!! But , I can't help it !!!! Here I am late again partipating in the FMR event!! Someday, I am hopeful of catching up with things :(

I am a person who believes in "Better late than Never" !! So here I am with the event that lead me to this FMR Event. Believe me this dish was prepared somewhere in the month of September!

I saw this recipe using Butternut Squash on the food network show and decided I would prepare it this weekend, Well, things never happen as planned and the desert turned out to be a disaster( I tried tweaking it a little... nopes actually tweaked a lot!! ;) ].
Anyways, din't know what to do next with the half cut squash , so in it went into refrigerator ....... until I saw Mita's Blog FMR event. Since I have never prepared anything out of pumpkin/Squash , I decided I will try my hand making Squash Dosa and my recipe will soon follow ..but not before I type down what I learnt abt pumpkins and their cousins.

  • The word Pumpkin originated from the greek word Pepon meaning large melon.
  • Pumpkins I read are an extended family of cucumber's
  • I wonder why despite their hard exterior pumpkins are not grown in Antartica!!
  • Morton ,Illinois is the pumpkin capital of the world.
  • For all us ladies(and men too!) consuming pumpkin will reduce freckles.

Source:About Pumpkins

About Pumpkin

Ingredients:

1/2 Butternut Squash

1 cup Rice(Soak for 2-3 hours)

6 tbsp grated coconut

Water to blend

Salt to taste.

Oil

Peel the skin of the squash,cut into small cubes and grind with all the ingredients to a smooth dosa/pancake consistency. Heat the griddle and pour the batter to make dosa.

* I added 2 tbsp of grated coconut and dosa turned out to be a little hard. I also did not let the batter ferment.

3 Comments:

Blogger FH said...

Beautiful looking pumpkin dosa, a great idea!! I will try this when I get a halloween pumpkins!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What should be the consistency? Runny as water or little bit thicker ?

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice idea

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home