Monday, October 09, 2006

Exploring Thai Flavors

I am crazy about cook books and I bring all kinds of cook books from the library, Well, you may think that my hubby is the luckiest for he can have different types of dishes everyday…then you are wrong, majority of the time is just getting to know the ingredients or simply drool & look at the pictures in the book. LOL

Anyways, hubby dear had enough of my drooling and challenged me if I could just make one of the recipes from the four books that I borrowed !! I said to him “Well,your wish is granted !” and I set to make this Thai Curry.I had all the ingredients ready for this recipe except for basil leaves & and the green curry paste, So it turned out to be a 15 minute meal!!

But in the scale of 1-10, I would rate this curry on number 7, maybe because I used the whole tin of curry paste the flavor was strong and to top it I eyeballed the entire recipe.
Those of you who would like to tweak the recipe are welcome to try it and let me know the results!!! :)





Ingredients

1 Can- Coconut milk
1 small Tin- Thai green curry paste
2 tbsp- Cream or Coconut milk
2 tbsp- Vegetable oil
6-7- Basil Leaves
3-4- Canned cubed Bamboo Shoots
6-7-Sliced Mushrooms
3-4- Small cubes Baby Corn
1- Cubed Japanese eggplant
1-Red chilli for garnishing

In a wok fry the veggies( Do not let the veggies cook).In a pot simmer coconut milk for 2-3mins, then add the green curry paste and stir for 2-3 mins.Add the fried vegetables in the curry and let it cook till tender.Add the basil leaves when the curry is about to be removed from heat.
Garnish it with coconut milk/cream and a red chilli.

* I left out the lime leaves.
* If you like the curry to be mild then use less of the curry paste.The curry paste has the lemon grass and the galangal.
* Shrimp/chicken can be used along with vegetables.

1 Comments:

Blogger FH said...

Your Thai dish looks delicious, Smitha!! I love both green and red Thai curries without the fish sauce though!!
I am also crazy abt collecting books ,I have more 100 cook books and 5 book sheleves of classics!

and I borrow from the library too! I know ! I am a border line crazy foodie!!:D

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home