Sunday, February 03, 2008

Shrimp Portofino


Well, Well... new year with loads of new and exciting things for me! I am now a mother !!! With this new role in life my cooking was put on the back burner.Things are slowly getting settled and I din't want to let my passion for cooking die just like that! I am here again to with a whole new purpose now and that is for my daughter to have a set of recipes when she would start cooking! How cool is that going to be for her to tell her friends that she has the vintage recipes !!!! :)

My friend S visited us this Christmas to see our lil one. We all went out to enjoy a good dinner at the Macroni Grill that chilly night.I am not a great fan of pasta's but that night I tried the Shrimp portofino and it was just great.I thought to myself that this would be the best recipe to get myself back on track in the cooking front.... tried this recipe with my variations and it has now become our favorite!!!

Ingredients

1 bunch-Whole baby Spinach leaves
1/2 cup -Mushrooms sliced
1/2 cup-Whipping cream
5 cloves-Garlic chopped
Handful -Pinenuts
3 tbsp-Butter
2 tbsp -Olive Oil
10-15-Shrimp
1 packet -Any pasta(preferably angel hair or sphagetti)
Salt
1 tsp-lemon juice
Red & Black pepper crushed

Cook the pasta al dente and keep it aside. Take a wok and heat the butter and Olive oil.Add chopped garlic and pine nuts. Take care not to fry them too much. Add the mushroom and saute.Pour in the whipping cream and boil the shrimp and spinach leaves and let the sauce simmer for a while(approx 5 mins) Add the pasta ,lime juice ,salt and mix well.Season with crushed red and black pepper.Garnish with parsley.

Serve with garlic bread and White wine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Woodruff said...

I was looking for this recipe online and yours looks the closest. I'm going to try it tonight. Thanks for sharing.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home